Makeup Haul & Review! (High-End & Drug Store)

By 10:02 PM , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

May 7, 2015

Hello Babes! Last week I visited my local Sephora and picked up some make up I wanted to try and some that I've already had and needed back in my life. I've been testing these products for the past week to collect some thoughts that I can tell you guys.

  1. Elf Liquid Eye Liner! (Repurchased)
    Pros: 1$, Thin brush, Fine lines,  Very black, Won't budge. Easy to apply. Long lasting.
    Cons: Doesn't dry quickly, Flakey.
    This is my go to eye liner, for the price it is actually really good and works really well for me. I love that I can get a thin wing or I can layer it up and make it thick. The one down side to this eyeliner for me is that I like my eyeliner matte and this one isn't. 
  2. Sephora Eye Pencil!
    Pros: Very Black. Smooth. Glides on skin smoothly.
    Cons: Fades away throughout the day.
    This products does the job just right, nothing incredibly but it didn't suck.
  3. Sephora  Collection Anti-Shine Primer!Pros: Pump included, Hydrating, Keeps makeup in place, helps make up last longer. Parabens, fragrance & oil free. Non-Comedogenic.
    Cons: Doesn't mattify skin.
    I think this primer does a goob job but I wouldn't recommend it if you want your skin to be shine-free. I have dry skin but I liked this foundation because it moisturizes and minimizes my pores. I also noticed my foundation lasted longer.
  4. Lorac Tantilizer Baked Bronzer!  (Repurchase)
    Pros: Matte, Long Lasting, Very Blendable
    I didn't add any cons because this is my holy-grail contouring bronzer! It's fantastic. Sadly, I picked up the wrong color but that just made this bronzer even better because now I can tell you there's a shade for someone with fair skin. I have medium skin and the one I have purchased before came in the Bronzer-Duo. It's the perfect shade for me. It's more on the warm side but it doesn't show up orange at all. Most of the time grey toned contour colors look too muddy on me and I'm just not a fan of that. This Lorac one though is the perfect shade for a natural look. You can also layer it up for a more dramatic look.
  5. Jason Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Cream!
    Pros: Thick, Creamy, Hydrates, Refreshing, Smooth, Organic, 84% Aloe Vera.  No Parabans, SLS, Petrolatum, Artificial colors, Or Phtalates.
    Cons: The hydrating and moisturizing feel doesn't last all day.
    I like this moisurizer because it's organic.  It feels smooth and it has made my foundation look alot nicer than it use to from my first application. My skin doesn't look as dull anymore but it still feels dry. 
     
  6. Cover FX Cream Concealer - N MediumPros: Full Coverage, Soothing, Wide variety of shades, Blendable. Paraban, Fragrance, Gluten, Mineral Oil & Talc Free. Vegan.
    Cons: Thick consistency, Creases
    I have dark and puffy under eye circles and I was looking for something full coverage that could also work as a high lighter. I'm cool tone so I picked a warm color to hide those dark under eyes. This concealer did the perfect job of covering, neutralizing and brightening. It's so pigmented and I would recommend this concealer to anyone. A little dab can go along way so I can see this product lasting me all year! (Considering I've been using it almost everyday) Because it is so thick, it does crease under my eyes but it doesn't look unnatural at least. This is probably one of those concealer that work perfect for hiding blemishes!
  7. Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutrals Matte Palette!Pros: ALL MATTE, Range of cool to warm tone colors, Neutral colors, Soft, Silky, Blendable, Packaging is convinient Pretty!(:
    Cons: SOME shades lack pigment, powdery,
    This is the perfect everyday palette. Some of the colors are so pigmented but there are some colors in this palette that you  have to build up. You can literally make 100 different eye looks. Definitely a must have if you love matte eye shadows!
     
  8. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick - VAMPIRA!Pros: Long Lasting, Matte, Pigmented, Bold Color, Cute Packaging!
    Cons: Settles in fine lines, Small amount of lipstick (if you ask me lol)
    I am in the constant hunt for a red lipstick. This one applies as a dark berry red. It's so matte and it doesn't dry my lips. This lipstick doesn't feel rough or anything when I apply it. The one thing I can't stress enough about VAMPIRA is that no matter what it won't budge! I always have a problem with my lipstick moving around and I hate it. This lipstick almost looks like a lip stain on my lips. I can eat, kiss or whatever and it won't smear around my lips. I am definitely a fan and will buy more from KVD!
  9. Nars Audacious Lipstick - JEANNE!
    Pros: Long Lasting, Satin. Creamy. Nourishing, Pigmented, Bold,
    Cons: Smeary, Rub off anything.
    I will buy these lipsticks regardless of they're cost simply because they're so beautiful and make my lips look so full! I am someone who has small lips and I don't mind it but this lipstick tells me otherwise. Jeanne is a cherry red, it's that perfect shade of red that's not bright orange but not dark purply either. I will admit that this lipstick will smear around but with a little help of lip liner I'll be fine. Without a doubt, Nars Audacious lipsticks are one of my favorite.
Thanks so much for reading, highly appreciated! I do want to note that this are my honest opinions. What works great for me might work completely different for someone else. I do hope this review was helpful for someone.  Have a great week you guys!
Love, Jasmine!

You Might Also Like

0 comments