2 Everlasting Days in Seattle

By 8:53 PM

Dear Friends,
Happy Fall! I know it's already the end of October but it's ok. We are still enjoying it. Just recently, I took a trip to Seattle. I had 2 days to do exactly everything I wanted to do, only to realize there was sooo much more to explore in this small town.  I managed to arrive there Friday at 9 am and leave Saturday at 9:30 pm.
For starters, we did rent a car - only because we wanted to drive to Mt. Rainier and to Snoquolmie Falls, other than those 2 stops, I do not think it's necessary, there are trains around the city and to the airport.

Downtown Seattle, everything is here!
A popular spot is the Starbucks Reserve, found on the corner of Pike St. and Melrose ave :) You'll have to find parking in the neighborhood and pay through the app which is about 5$ an hour. The coffee is delicious though! Worth going, if you're a coffee fan :)
After Starbucks, checked out The Space Needle! This place speaks for itself, you get to stand high above the ground (look down if you're brave) and you get incredible views of the city and town.(2$/hour for parking)
Downtown itself has so much to see and do. It's by far one of my favorite downtowns I've been to.  (3-5$/hour parking) We actually got free parking at a lot from a man leaving his car, thank you kind stranger!
The evening was spent walking to Pike Place Market, checking out local vendors and seeing the gum wall. I did put a gum myself too! Very gross but a must do haha. Another thing there is one of the original Starbucks! Walked around and right behind the market is the Seattle Great Wheel too!

Sat: We planned an early drive and hike to Mt. Rainier! (it takes about 2 hours to get there) We weren't prepared for the snow so our time was cut a little short there but we still enjoyed every second of it :) I don't see snow in Cali, so this was amazing!

After the mountains we headed to a local coffee shop right outside.  Express-O Yourself  A+ service and coffee :)
Snoqualmie Falls was next on the list! It had been raining all night and day, this made the waterfall like 10x more powerful. I was breathless, that moment felt so surreal. I had been wanting to see this waterfall for so long after one of my instagram friends mentioned it to me. (30-40 mins away from Seattle + free parking, yay!)

Driving back to Downtown Seattle now, to check out local coffee shops, thrift stores, bars.
Some good coffee shops though are Slate Coffee! Good coffee, nice people, cool atmosphere. 
 Another one closer to the Pike Place Market is Cherry Street Coffee, the atmosphere here is so cozy.
That wraps up my trip! The in-between time was spent walking around, shopping at pike place, eating,  and drinking. We checked out Out of The Closet where I found pretty good deals! (highly recommend this thrift store). I hope this blog was useful to you, I know there are tons more to do in Seattle such as museums and gardens! I could see how you can easily incorporate those to this list as everything is pretty close.
The fall ambiance of this city warms my heart. I will forever love this trip, Seattle became one of my favorite cities to visit. Thank you for reading this at all :) 
-Jasmine

You Might Also Like

0 comments