Things to do: Jalisco, Mexico

By 6:52 PM , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Volcano Colima seen from the side of the road

Hola Amigas y Amigos!

Haha, I went to Mexico for a week and now I’m feeling all cultured and shit, I love it. This is my homeland, this is where my parents came from. As a daughter of an immigrant, visiting Mexico felt spiritual. I am grateful for this.


Get your cafecito and read along. I’m going to bring you around my Pueblo and the Pueblo’s around ! In case you are ever visiting Guadalajara, these places are about a 2 hour drive south of it.


Usmajac Jalisco.
This town has a beloved church on a hill and one morning me and my dad hiked to the top of the hill. We received this grand view of the town. This is a sight I hope to hold on to.

Sayula, Jalisco
This place has an abundance of local shops and services. I wish I could visit them all honestly, but at least I made it to one of their coffee shop! And they were actually only open from 6pm to midnight which is actually considered the busy hours here. 





Tapalpa, Jalisco
The road getting here isn't pretty, very narrow, bumpy and rocky at times. However, getting to see the waterfall is worth it. You'll drive down this road for a long time before you come to a dead end which is where the hiking trail begins.

Cascada Salto Del Nogal, Tapalpa, Jalisco
That hike was fun and beautiful but it was also very steep, you're going downhill 80% of the way there so it's uphill 80% back. About 1.3 miles to the waterfall "Salto Del Nogal" (30-60 mins) You can actually continue hiking up the stream for another layer of the waterfall!


Las Piedrotas 
Another landmark of this town are these rocks literally named "Big Rocks".  No hiking necessary just a walk from the parking lot across the road.

Cuidad Guzman
Every town I visited had incredible architecture, but my fave was probably here. The plaza had tons of street vendors selling anything you can think. And yes, I also found a coffee shop!

Parque Ecolologico
Behind all the neighborhoods of Cuidad Guzman, there is a beautiful big park called "Parque Ecologico Las Penas" where me and my sister went to hike to get views of the town, mountains and the volcano from afar, which was covered with clouds when I went :(  

These were the highlights of my trip ya'll! In case you ever visit, I highly recommend any of these places. They are beautiful. Thank you for reading this other semi lengthy post :) - Jasmine



You Might Also Like

0 comments